Friday 6 December 2013

Blue, Blue Christmas

Good Morning all

Well its Friday again and its Mel again but I'm here with something very new to me, so please be kind!


So I tried this new technique, if you find something wrong please be kind let me know!


Firstly I took a piece of super glossy card stock and cut it done to fit on my card


Next I covered it in Peacock Feathers and Broken China blue tones Distress Ink


I then used my heat tool to help dry of the ink ( be really careful with this and make sure the inks dry! I didn't do so well the first time heee)


Then taking my Embossing Ink and the snowflakes from the Crafty Impressions Happy Holidays set, I stamped all over to make my background


Then I covered the snowflakes in embossing powder the knocked off any extras


Heat all over with the heat tool again


I then took my black permanent ink pad and wiped it all over the surface, I did this a few times to get a nice even coat all over


then wipe over with a tissue to remove any excess ink from the embossed snowflakes


Next I layered the panel on to black card adding some ribbons before layering it on to a white card blank


I finished it off with the lil Time of Magic sentiment on another piece of white card that I inked again with the distress inks adding a black edge




I hope you like my little tutorial and sorry its not the greatest! But with practise I might get better heee

Well I'm decorating the tree today and baking some chocolate cupcakes for Craft Club tomorrow so all have a fab day!
TTFN



Tim Holtz DISTRESS INK PAD BROKEN CHINA Ranger  Tim Holtz DISTRESS INK Peacock Feathers Ranger
 Tim Holtz DISTRESS INK EMBOSSING Ranger  Crafty Impressions A6 Stamp Set - HAPPY HOLIDAYS     Lindsay Mason TINCHIES Stamp - A TIME OF MAGIC

No comments: