Saturday 31 August 2013

Happy Birthday Best Creations Stylee

Hi there!

Clare here with a card for you.

I was asked to make this card for Peter's Mum for her Birthday. I don't know why but I always stress when making a card for someone else. Will they like what I've done, will the colours be right...especially when your brief is "Well I don't know what she likes, just make anything!"Well, thanks, that's really helpful!

In the end after much deliberation and three hours from a card black here it is...


I am really happy with it and thoroughly enjoyed the whole process! However it does weight a lot with all those layers! I love a weighty card, it shows time and quality, although I don't like the price tag at the post office!

I used Best Creations A Walk in the Garden 6 x 6 paper pad, and these have to be seen to appreciate the beauty of this bundle of loveliness! Each of the 24 papers have iridescent glitter encapsulated within a gloss finish, accentuating areas for increased gorgeousness. 



The dashed squared paper in the background is from the new DCWV 6 x 12 stacks - this one is the ledger paper stack. 


I love ledger paper, and these stacks are fantastic as they are shaped at the bottom which you can wither include in your design or trim off for use as a border or something! There are 36 sheets of double sided paper.  Here I've inked the edges with tea dye distress ink pad. 

I cut the circles using my trusty Martha Stewart Circle cutter, I can't remember exactly what size sorry, but the grey mat was 2/16th of a inch larger than the white circle. The flowers were made using the Brand New Clare Curd Crafts die cut - pom pom flowers. These come as a flat spiral, which you coil together and glue to the circle in the centre using silicone or hot glue (I love hot glue because it's so instant!), so you still get the joy of creating something beautiful but with ease! In the pack you get three medium and one small flowers (there's one of each pictured here). I added a pearl to the centre of each flower.

The tickets are also new to Clare Curd Crafts! Called...can you guess....Clare Curd Crafts Die Cuts - Ticket, and are invaluable for adding a greeting on an extra embellishment to a card. They measure 1 x 2.26 inches and there are 15 per pack cut from white core'dinations cardstock.

I stamped the ticket with a greeting from the Big Sentiments Stamp set from Paula Pascual. I LOVE all of her stamp sets as they are so well thought out, made by a crafter, for crafters.


I stamped with back ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  A few clear gems and seam binding (I must get some of this for the shop!) finishes the card.

Hope you like it!

love and crafty hugs, Clare x

No comments: