Monday 22 April 2013

Playing with Pattern Papers


Using My Minds Eye Paper Pad’s makes matching the papers a breeze, as the hard work has been done for you – I had fun mixing the papers to create these cards.



Supplies
My Minds Eye/Teresa Collins "Memories" 6x6 Paper Pad
My Minds Eye/Miss Caroline "Dolled Up" 6x6 paper pad
Paula Pascual Stamps "Big Sentiments"

How to:
I’ve taken three different papers from the Teresa Collins paper pad and layered them, as shown. The doily shapes are part of a patterned paper within the pack, and they make good embellishments in their own right. I’ve stamped the sentiment with grey ink as it’s softer than a black ink, and more in keeping with the overall tone of the card. To finish, I’ve individually cut the butterflies out of a paper from the Dolled Up paper pad.




 
 
Supplies
 
How to
I started with an A6 top folded card blank and completely covered it with the blue wood pattern paper, with this I rounded off the two bottom corners and sanded/distressed all the edges. I cut a panel from the red pattern paper, rounded off all the corners, sanded the edges and adhered to the card. I die cut a circle from the plain coloured paper and again, sanded the edges and applied it to the card. I die cut the flowers from some yellow paper and added these to the card. Finally, I stamped the sentiment within a stamped frame and glued this, some gems and the chipboard banners, as shown, to the card.
 

3 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Great cards Paula and fab use of these papers!

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, lovely papers.

Mr Tumness Crafting said...

I am loving these papers, Great cards. :)