Saturday 20 April 2013

Eclectic Cards - Modern Styling

Hi again!

It's been a beautiful, warm weekend and what better way to round it off than a spot of cardmaking?  I always feel so much more crafty then the sun pours in through the window across the dining table - and I can see my beautiful stash more clearly ;)

Today I have two cards to show you featuring the 6x6 paper pad from Cosmo Cricket called '2wenty Thr3e'.  You can pick it up from here for a bargain £4.94 whilst our special offer discount is still running!

Cosmo Cricket 2wenty Thr3e Patterned Paper Mini Deck
 
Both cards feature the '2wenty Thr3e' Element Deck, £2.24, as the main embellishment to show that very quick cards and much inspiration can be achieved from this nifty little pad!

Cosmo Cricket 2wenty Thr3e Element Deck
 
So, here's card number 1:
 
Products Used: Cosmo Cricket 2wenty Thr3e Element Deck, Cosmo Cricket 2wenty Thr3e Patterned Paper mini deck,  Teresa Collins Everyday Moments Stamps,

For this card, I felt the image was too flat, so I cut and outlined two yellow rectangles and adhered them to the paper with foam to give a 3D effect.  I wanted to embellish the card but without being too fussy, so I stamped the Teresa Collins flower on to the same yellow and this created a visual triangle on my card - which gives it a better balance.  The Teresa Collins clear stamp also allowed me to add another greeting to the front because I could see exactly where I was stamping!

And on to card number 2:

Products Used: Cosmo Cricket 2wenty Thr3e Element Deck, Cosmo Cricket 2wenty Thr3e Patterned Paper mini deck, Paula Pascual Journalling spots clear stamp.
 
Once I had matted my Element deck sheet on to a scalloped border of patterned paper, I set about trying to make my own 'simple' embellishment by stamping journaling spots on to 2wenty Thr3e patterned papers and cutting them out.  I felt they worked really well and when layered up with scraps of paper and greetings die cut from another paper, the card was finished in a cinch! 
 
I'd really like to highlight these stamps, as they gave me a really clean impression and were a joy to use:
Paula Pascual Stamps - Journalling Spots
 
They have so many uses and could make any pile of paper scraps in to useful journaling blocks for scrapbook pages, cards and Smash books - or get inventive and use as jar labels or gift tags.  The possibilities really are endless and they've been a staple in my craft set!  £4.91 is a snap so grab your set from us today here :)
 
I hope you enjoyed my cards today and I wish you all a very warm and wonderful week ahead.
 
 


1 comment: