Friday 21 June 2013

MME follow your heart part two

  It's Friday again - so I'm back with another post.  Last week I shared a project that I'd made with one of my favourite paper collections - My Mind's Eye follow your heart - be happy,  I wanted to make two little projects with one paper pad and here's the second.  This time I decided to try something different and made a mini concertina file box.  I used the instructions from this blog post, but please be aware that there is a mistake on this tutorial - the card for the inside concertina pieces needs to measure 11 1/2 inches in length and not 12.

   The box measures 3 3/4 inches square and holds 7 inserts inside for pictures or journaling.  For the front of my box I simply added glossy accents and gems to the paper, and used some velcro dots to stick the lid down.  To decorate the lid I used another mini doily and a punched butterfly shape.   Once again I used Tim Holtz's pumice stone ink pad on the edges of all of my paper.


  Here's the back - I used some eyelets and seam binding to create a little handle:



  And here you can see the concertina file inside:


  I will try and upload my own tutorial to our youtube channel soon, but in the mean time below is a link to the project that I made last week, including a quick tutorial.




2 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

This is another wonderful project Melissa....wish I had the patience to make such lovely items.

Melissa75 said...

Thanks for saying so Paula - I love our cards, I think you're so talented!