Sunday 5 May 2013

Project Life In Everyday Scrapbooking

Hello and Happy Sunday!

Today i'd like to show you how 'Project Life' items can be used in everyday scrapbooking.  I really enjoy using the journaling cards as an embellishment and sometimes they can even inspire a whole scrapbook page idea!

At Clare Curd Crafts, you can pick up the beautiful Echo Park collection, Photo Freedom, for just £11.99 and for that you get a whole lot!

Photo Freedom Volume 1 Collection Kit
 
This collection pack includes 5 divided page protectors plus a whole bunch of double sided papers in beautiful colours and designs, ready to fill your albums with stories, very quickly!
 
 
As a long-time scrapbooker, I found it hard to get my head around such a new concept - but now i'm in love!  I'm getting my photographs slotted in with all of these special cards adding life and colour to the story I want to tell without a whole page to scrapbook. 
 
But then occasionally, I do still want to scrapbook!  When there are big events or stories special to me, I can use these cards within my pages and then the whole album feels co-ordinated no matter what format of page you're looking at.
 
Here's a page I created using this Photo Freedom Collection:
 
 
Aside from some inks and a little MME washi, this whole page was using a tiny portion of the collection pack.  I love how the patterned pieces can be cut apart to make arrow embellishment to my page.  The letter stickers are simple yet striking and the journaling block in red in a focal point. 
 
My fave part of any Echo Park Collection Kit is the sticker page.  You get a whole alpha plus the rest of a 12x12 sheet FILLED with stickers to co-ordinate with your projects.  I used the arrows and other small features to add balance to my layout and bring the viewers eye around the page.
 
I really like this mixed style of Scrapbooking.  Be brave, pick up a pack today and give it a go :)
 



No comments: