Thursday 30 May 2013

Introducing Melissa Cruickshank

Hi, my name is Melissa.  I was recently asked to join this great design team and I leapt at the chance!  I love making cards but over the last couple of years have started making mini albums too which I really enjoy.

  One of my favourite paper designers is Teresa Collins and Clare stocks a variety of her lines both old and new.  For my first post I wanted to create a card using one of the older lines: Spring Fling.  Clare sells the 
collection packpaper pad and chipboard elements.  Joanne created a fabulous card with the paper line on Tuesday, but I thought it might be a nice idea to create another card and show how versatile this paper line is. 


  To make this card I just used the 12x12 paper pack which includes 9 sheets of double sided patterned paper and a die-cut accessory sheet.  This paper pack is such a great price too - £5.75!



  At the minute I am obsessed with making mini cards, they are a great way of using up scraps, this card measures 4 3/4 by 4 3/4 inches.  The card blanks that I used are by Craftwork Cards - Clare sells the larger sized blanks here.  I love the scalloped edges!  


  Firstly I embossed some white cardstock with a hexagon embossing folder and then placed the paper on top.  I edged all of my paper with Tim Holtz's pumice stone ink pad to get rid of those horrible white edges.  These are currently on offer with 10% off the whole range making them only £4.05 each.  The ticket, sentiment and large butterfly are all from the accessory sheet, and I cut the smaller butterflies from one of the paper sheets.  Then I just added a bit of bling to complete the card. 


  If you want to see some more projects that I made with this paper pack check out my Youtube video here.


  Thanks for stopping by!


Melissa.

No comments: